Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Learn about installation, licenses and upgradesGuides overview | FAQ
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm currently trying to set up a Guide, and I have few questions about this solution :
1) I'm currently trying to import a 3D model with an animation. This 3D model is using the .fbx format by exportation using 3DS Max, and while running in Unity, there's the animation, but not in Guides. How can I get my animation ? I saw in the 3D Toolkit folder/Zones, animations can be used in a guide but I cannot import customed ones.
2) I cannot upload 3D models what size are above 3Mo, is that normal ?
3) Is there a way to delete wrong imported 3D models in Guides ?
Thank you very much for your answers !
Hi Silloty - answers to your questions below.
(1) You'll need to export to GLB from 3DS Max using Babylon Exporter. Documentation here:
We don't currently support animations for FBX during import. I will post more updates on being able to do this in a couple weeks.
(2) It seems odd that you cannot import models over 3Mo. Could you please open a support ticket through admin center, or contact Customer Support at https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ so we can dive deeper?
(3) Not at this time, but we will be adding this capability very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience with this.
Dear Mahesk Kamat,
Thank you for your answer ! That's a good start and I'm going to have a closer look at what you said to me ;)
Another question :
Is it planned to be able to use target image recognition such as Vuforia inside of Guides ? To be able to scan various markers ?
Thanks a lot again
We have not made any commitments to support other types of markers besides coded markers (what we currently provide). We are however exploring various means of anchoring content to the real world.
What types of markers are you looking to use? Could you describe any example scenarios where those are useful to you?
That sounds interesting ? Can we have more details about it ? :D
I'm talking about markers such as QR codes, or images
I've done what you mentionned and I can see my animations on Guides Preview for PC, but when I'm trying to use that animation in the Hololens, it doesn't appear at all. Any idea how can I fix it ?
Do the animations play in operator mode? Have you tried perhaps relaunching the app or going to another step and coming back to it?
There was a known issue in a previous version where animations were not playing in authoring mode.
The 3D model with the animation doesn't appear in Authoring mode neither in Operator mode.
In this case , I have an animations where screws are moving to show to the user to remove them, but I don't even see my screws
I tried to close the app, reboot the device, re-import the animation, but it doesn't work.
All of the animations I imported have the same problem. I cannot see them, but I can see other 3D Model (what contain no animations)
Sorry about this. Could you please verify that you exported the animated model from 3DS directly into GLB? (and not FBX)
I've rechecked my 3D Models. My animations exported are in glb format, and the 3D models displayed without animations are in FBX. Is it a problem ?
Hope this helps.
I got the fact that I need GLB files to have animations.
The things is, my animations in GLB formats are not displayed in guides, whereas 3D Objects in FBX formats are displayed in guides
I just want to be able to see my animations in GLB but I can't see them for now
Are you still seeing this problem? I'd recommend updating to the latest version of the PC and HoloLens apps from the store, then reimporting the asset on PC app and trying to see if the animations play on HoloLens.
Business Applications communities