Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
we are experiencing a strange problem. After upgrading SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 some of our reports are showing "@SYS" label ID instead of the label descriptions. We have tried all of the following suggestions to no avail. (NOTE: this is one of our non production environments)
1. Made sure that the AOS and SSRS are using the same account. (Admin Account)
2. Account password is correct.
3. Did Full Compile and CIL.
4. Deleted all .auc, .ali and .ald files.
5. Re-deployed all reports again.
6. Restarted all services (sql, ssrs) and Server reboot.
7. Initialize Modelstore.
8. Restored AX DB, Model and Baseline from backup of working environment (production environment) - Full Compile and CIL again.
None of these seems to have fixed the issue. one thing that i tried (which worked) was to set one of the reports to a language specific report and deploy, the report then showed the labels correctly. strange thing is that it is working fine in production environment without having to set the report as language specific and all reports ran fine (correct labels) before upgrading to SQL Server 2012 without setting these reports to static language specific.
has anyone else experienced this issue and has managed to fix this?
any help would be highly appreciated.
In any of the environments, labels are coming fine?
yes, production environment (SQL Server 2008 R2) and other environments (SQL Server 2008 R2) labels are fine.
labels were fine in current (non production environment) before SQL 2012 upgrade.
goto C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\YOUR INSTANCE\bin\Application\Appl\Standard
take the sys label backup (.ald files )and paste the sys label from the system it is working. take only SYSen-us if your language is en-us
there is one more post in this forum on which they fixed it using reinstallation of client , check this
also u can delete the SYS ald file, and restart the aos , it will recreate the .ald files in the application folder and may be it will work for you,
are you referring to the file "AxSYSen-us.ald"?
should i just copy that file alone from a working environment or all ".ald" files of en-us?
all .ald files of sys en-us , if you are using en-us language and restart AOS , also if it wont work try to delete that files and reatart AOS .
i tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't make any difference.
i also previously tried deleting all these files and restarting the AOS which also does not seem to fix this issue.
can you try to export it from AOT as file from the working environment and import it in not working one
im afraid, still no luck.
last try, restore model and data from working environment, delete all *.ald files and restart aos
i think i managed to fix this issue. i followed the steps on this link,
after making changes to the ssrs config files, labels appear to be working again.
thank you so much for all your suggestions and help.
very much appreciated.
Just an update on this issue. AX Version is 2012 R2
I have also faced the same that after upgrading from SQL Server 2012 to SQL 2018, Only Label ids were appearing in reports.
I have followed the same steps, although, I don't have to do the changes at all places, I have made changes at couple of places and matched rest of the place.
But what I found is:
When I compared the config file between two server, first where DB has been upgraded and second where DB hasn't been upgraded.
Changes suggested in Blog were already the in server where DB hasn't been upgraded. It seems DB upgrade has modified the config file in upgraded server.
Just to be sure, I have checked another server also where DB has been upgraded, there also config file missing the few configuration, and require same changes to run the reports.
Just keeping you posted.
Recently got same AX 2012 R3 - Label Id issue after upgrading SQL server 2012 to SQL server 2016.
Followed steps from link daxtechie.com/.../
It helped me resolve my issue.
Business Applications communities