Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction - I've developed a new SSRS report, built the RDP class, added a table which I have set to Regular to watch data flow. SSRS report is formatted in VS as a bar chart, when I open the design in VS and preview I can see the data coming through and the preview chart looking correct.
I have added the reporting project to the AOT and deployed the SSRS report both from the AOT and via management shell.
I have built a simply controller class to run the report, the report runs, the data table is populated with exactly the data I expect everything works except the report which displays the message NO DATA AVAILABLE with the heading of the formatted chart above it.
Can someone please help me on this as I have tried everything - other SSRS reports work fine in my environment except this one, all CIL is fine, code is compiled correctly etc etc
Try restarting SSRS service .
I tried restarting the SSRS server as well it made no difference - has anyone experienced this issue, the report is working fine in preview mode in visual studio, the data source table contains all the records I would expect, the report launches but it is like there is no link between the generating report and the datasource
One other thing I can think of is cache.
Usually, the formula I use for absolute cache clearing is:
-ensure system compiles without errors, and CIL is compiled properly
-clear usage data
-delete report from sharepoint
-stop reporting services
-restart reporting services
-delete AUD files
However, this works 99% of the time.
About twice in my career I've had it that the no matter how much you're working on the report, it isn't writing back to the AOT. Rather, it's writing back to a cached file in your User folder.
To check this, I'll make a random change to the report, like draw a very noticeable line across it, then I'll deploy it, and run it. If I don't see it, I know I'm looking at the wrong version of the report.
I then have to right click on my project, open the folder that the report is stored in, delete it, and reopen the report from the AOT. I lose my changes, but then at least it starts behaving properly.
This probably isn't your problem. But when I've tried everything with SSRS, this is the last straw I've ever had to clutch onto.
I've tried everything above and it still won't display my bar chart in the report.
It will display the report title, I can change the text in this, add to AOT from VS, redeploy the SSRS via the AOT, run my controller class and the report will generate the data in staging, display the changed report title but won't return any data or display the chart.
I actually deleted the report in VS and recreated it from scratch with the same behaviour - I am badly stuck here.
Business Applications communities