Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hey there, AX 2012 pros!
I tried a lot but I cannot fix the following security issue in AX 2012 R3.
We have made a wizard in AX (so it's not standard, so reproducing might not be possible) that can change payment information for customers, in which I want to hide certain fields for certain employees (bank account), and have these fields available for others.
Usually what we do in this case is:
Step 1: Go to the Form > Design > select the Control which is applicable (i.e.: the field, in this case 'BankAccount') and in the properties change NeededPermission to 'Manual'. Now this field is disappeared for all users that use security.
Step 2: Go to the privilege that should include the field, drag it to Privilege > Permissions > Forms > Control
Step 3: Set in the properties of the Control the EffectiveAccess to 'delete' within the 'Maintain' privilege
Step 4: Set in the properties of the Control the EffectiveAccess to 'read' within the 'View' privilege
This worked with all forms so far (+/- 100 forms), but somehow it won't work with this one. What happens now is that the Controls that I've put on 'manual' are not visible anymore with either the Maintain or the View privilege, that both clearly have the Controls with at least 'read' rights.
What step is missing? Something that usually you don't have to take into account, but is missing this time?
Are there any other form/control/privilege properties of importance that I didn't mention so far?
I wonder if you could simply use table and field override permissions on privileges instead of customizing a lot of forms to set controls to manual. As it is a custom form, I don't know what you missed. I also don't know if the field you are trying to secure is a table field or an unbound control. If it is a table field, you can better try the table/field permissions. If not, check if you have entered the correct control names.
Strangely this does not work for this particular Form. I can't select the form, but I can select the table DIRBANKACCOUNTTABLE that the form uses. Eventhough I force it to 'Read only' for this role, I can adjust the BankAccount in the grid.
Anyway, I wasn't aware of this functionality and it does solve some other issues I had to solve, so still thanks a lot for the fast reply!
Without knowing the exact details, unfortunately, I can't help you further. It is an interesting challenge though...
Business Applications communities