Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

How to automatically go to the Cloned Opportunity after clicking the "Clone Opportunity" button?

(0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

pastedimage1665695590224v1.png

After clicking the Clone Opportunity button, it will trigger a Cloud Flow in dynamics to create a clone of the opportunity.

Right now the CRM will stay on this current opportunity's page with no automatic redirection. I would like to know if anyone has a solution to how to make it so that it will automatically navigate to the newly cloned opportunity's page instead.

Categories:
  • How to automatically go to the Cloned Opportunity after clicking the "Clone Opportunity" button?
    Hi all, I cannot find this "clone opportunity" button in my screen... How can I get that ? Thanks a bunch
  • Inogic Profile Picture
    Inogic 23,957 on at
    RE: How to automatically go to the Cloned Opportunity after clicking the "Clone Opportunity" button?

Similarly, we have a Microsoft-preferred 1-click app Click2Clone that will help you clone opportunities. Apart from cloning opportunities, you can also clone a single as well as multiple records in one go. With Get Records functionality of Click2Clone, the relationships within the same entity can be cloned. This is not all, there’s much more our Click2Clone can assist you with.

Watch the video or download a 15-day free trial from our website or Microsoft AppSource. Write to us to know more about Click2Clone at crm@inogic.com and you can also explore our enriched knowledge base of Tips and Tricks for Dynamics 365 CRM and Power Platform!

Thanks!

• Verified answer
    Bipin D365 Profile Picture
    Bipin D365 28,958 Super User on at
    RE: How to automatically go to the Cloned Opportunity after clicking the "Clone Opportunity" button?

Hi,

Use Ribbon workbench tool to find the function name and web resource.

www.develop1.net/.../ribbonworkbench.aspx

• JYSSB7 Profile Picture
    JYSSB7 on at

How do I find where this JS function is located? I'm assuming you're talking about the JS function that gets run when I click the Clone Opportunity ribbon button.

• Suggested answer

Hi,

You will add this code inside your javascript function which is used on click of button where you are calling your cloud flow.

• JYSSB7 Profile Picture
    JYSSB7 on at

Where would I put this code?

• Suggested answer

Hi,

Once you get the cloned opportunity record Id from cloud flow you can use below code to open the form

var entityFormOptions = {};

entityFormOptions["entityName"] = "opportunity";

entityFormOptions["entityId"] = "8DA6E5B9-88DF-E311-B8E5-6C3BE5A8B200";

// Open the form.

Xrm.Navigation.openForm(entityFormOptions).then(

function (success) {

console.log(success);

},

function (error) {

console.log(error);

});

Replace guid with returned value from cloud flow

• Suggested answer
    a33ik Profile Picture
    a33ik 84,313 Super User on at

Hello,

I believe that HTTP call is initiated from JavaScript and what you can do is to retrurn the Id of cloned opportunity in the response, get it and navigate to it but I believe you will have to write some code. Here is how you can return the data from Http initiated Power Automate Flow - d365demystified.com/.../

• JYSSB7 Profile Picture
    JYSSB7 on at

Hi, the cloning is done simply by making a new opportunity with the same information as the one being cloned. When the Clone Opportunity ribbon button is pressed, it creates an HTTP post call (this is the trigger to the Flow). I'm not sure if there is JavaScript related to this because I did not work on this Flow/feature.

• Suggested answer
    a33ik Profile Picture
    a33ik 84,313 Super User on at

Hello,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your Flow and JavaScript that triggers it?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans