Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Field Service forum / Inspection Templates -...
Field Service forum
Answered

Inspection Templates - Import/Export Template Updates

(0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 8
Hi all,

We have a DEV and a Test environment in D365. We want to manage our Inspection Templates within our Dev environment i.e. create and manage our revisions in here. Once an update to the template has been done and tested we want to then use the 'Export via JSON' tool to pull the Template out of DEV and import this into our Test environment.

The issue I'm facing is that when we go to import, this always creates a new template and upon publishing the updated version we are left with 2 templates with the same name, and all of our Incident Type Service Tasks are linked to the previous template. This makes updating a template quite a tricky process moving that update from one environment to another.

Is there a supported way I can move updates between environments? Thanks
Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Inspection Templates - Import/Export Template Updates
    Hi Partner,
    It seems to be by design.
    Currently, we can only use 'Export to json' and 'Import from json' to tansfer inspection templates across two environments. 
    However, each import creates a new check template, even if you always import that one file!
    Updating by import seems to be unsupported at the moment.
    Maybe you can create a new idea through the below URL, then ask your colleagues to raise up the votes. 
    Ideas (dynamics.com) 
    Our product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received.

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans