Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Field Service forum / Inspection Response Cu...
Field Service forum
Suggested answer

Inspection Response Customer Report

(0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 93
I've set up inspections for our engineers to complete when on customer sites. However, there doesn't appear to be a decent report feature to create a customer facing report of the engineer responses.

I know we can use the 'Export Responses to PDF' button on the ribbon, but that just outputs the questions and answers in an otherwise blank document.

What is the best way to combine data from the Work Order and Incident records with the Inspection Responses in a decent looking document that could be sent to the customer?

I've discovered the PCF control, but that just seems to report at the Service Task level rather than the actual Inspection Responses.

It baffles me that there doesn't appear to be a way to do this OOTB.
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Arsen Zakaryan Profile Picture
    Arsen Zakaryan 10 on at
    Hi,

I had a similar requirement from my customer and I decided to create a new entity called "Inspection Question Answer" which creates a record for each inspection question when Work Order Service Task is completed. And after it you can export it to excel, or show it on Power BI dashboards with a nice view.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Arsen Zakaryan
  • Suggested answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

You can add two lookup fields to the inspection template that correspond to the Work Order entity and the Work Order Incident entity.

When filling out the response, the field engineer can select the work order and incident to which this response belongs.

Therefore, the PDF of this response contains the work order, incident.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans