No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Answered

Challenges with Microsoft Naming Conventions: Contact Point Consent and Beyond

(0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 13

Hello Community,

I'm reaching out to discuss an issue I've encountered while working with Power Automate Flow, particularly when dealing with Dynamics 365 Marketing entities (oh, Customer Insights - Journey now). The core of my concern lies in the perplexing naming conventions Microsoft has employed for these entities. For instance, we have multiple 'Contact Point Consent' entities: msdynmkt_contactpointconsent, msdynmkt_contactpointconsent2, msdynmkt_contactpointconsent3, and msdynmkt_contactpointconsent4 (can't wait to also see 5 and 6). Moreover, the situation is further complicated in the context of marketing emails and customer journeys. For instance, there are entities named 'Marketing Email' and 'Customer Journey' in outbound marketing, and similarly named entities like 'Journey' and 'Email' (which also shares its display name with ordinary emails) in real-time marketing. This overlap and lack of distinct naming conventions can lead to confusion and inefficiencies. This makes picking the right entity akin to a guessing game.  It seems like Dynamics Marketing is not just about marketing, but also about cryptic puzzles.

In this light, I am seeking insights and strategies from others who have navigated these waters. How do you manage to select the correct entity amidst this confusing naming scheme? Any shared experiences or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to a productive discussion and hoping to find some collective solutions to these challenges. Additionally, I hope this topic piques the interest of someone from Microsoft, as their input would be invaluable in understanding and perhaps improving these aspects in future updates.

Best,

Tomo

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Challenges with Microsoft Naming Conventions: Contact Point Consent and Beyond
    Yes, there are four contact point consent in Dataverse, they have same display name and plural name.
    But they sort by logic name(msdynmkt_contactpointconsent, msdynmkt_contactpointconsent2, msdynmkt_contactpointconsent3, and msdynmkt_contactpointconsent4)
    In the flow, they will show plural name, sorted by logical name, So just choose in the order listed:
    Additionally, I hope this topic piques the interest of someone from Microsoft, as their input would be invaluable in understanding and perhaps improving these aspects in future updates.
    You can create a new idea through the below URL, then ask your colleagues to raise up the votes.
     Ideas (dynamics.com)
     Our product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received.

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans