First forum contribution from my side here - so please excuse if I am missing some basics.
When managing a bookable resource's working hours using their calendar, different 'rules' (events/series) can be created:
'Working hours' is clear - it's what defines the resource's capacity.
- But what are 'Time off' and 'Non-working' rules/events/series?
- And how do they differ?
- I tried to find some answers in the documentation but couldn't find more than a side note here Define resource calendars. It only states 'non-working time can also be specified for the rule.'
- More specifically, it is of interest to understand if 'Non-working' and 'Time off' rules have different effects on the resource's availability, and
- what is best practice or general logic behind the two.
- For example,
- it seems natural to use 'time off' for vacation.
- But what about 'non-working', would that be better suited for illness/maturity leaves?
- What would the difference be to simply reducing work hours, as one would do for part-time employees?
Thanks in advance,