Skip to main content
Project Operations forum
Suggested answer

Project Tasks New Record button

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

Hello,

Can I add a new record button on Project Tasks subgrid? Has anyone ever done it before?

Thank you very much!

Attachments
  • Suggested answer
    Project Tasks New Record button
    Hello Nikita_,

within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations (e.g. Lite Deployment) it's even possible to modify subgrids, if necessary. The tool you can use for this kind of work is the (new) Microsoft Power Apps Designer as for all Microsoft Power Platform and model-driven based applications. The work execution is dependent on your exact requirement and therefore please provide more information what you want to achive or just insert an image of the UI with a short explanation. I do not recommend to modify default subgrids anyway.

In regard to your description and by default Power Apps features you can for a subgrid partly define what behavior should occur when using it. It could e.g. be a "+ New [TableRecord]" or "Add Existing [TableRecord]" like the following images shows as an example:

In this case you can choose of the mentioned options "+ New [Table]" or "Add Existing [Table]" per subgrid and not have it parallel.
    Therefore, you have to do the setup of the subgrid correct.

If you want to have more different options per subgrid you need to use code in my opinion. Therefore, respect your Build Operations as it defines the frame of how to do it.

Rg,

Alexander

*Due to the complex and different possibilities of deploying Dynamics 365 I highly recommend not to setup the application without some expert/partner or support. (For more information contact me under anassl@inno-solutions.info or visit www.inno-solutions.de)

*The Information comes directly from the manufacturer or provider and are validated (not guaranteed) up to date of creation of the posting.

References:

1. Microsoft Licensing Guide
    2. Microsoft Doc`s/Learn

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans