Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Remote Assist forum / "Notes" container wind...
Remote Assist forum
Suggested answer

"Notes" container window reverts to default size when Excel is closed and reopened.

(0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 2
I am using Excel in Office 365, I put a /note/ in several cells with a description of each cell. I used the grab handles and resized the /note container/ but when I close and reopen Excel, it goes back to default size. How do I get it to stay sized?
Categories:
  • "Notes" container window reverts to default size when Excel is closed and reopened.
    Thank You, Dengliang Li.
    I am indeed running the online version of Excel; Excel 365.
    Knowing this a feature-less version, is there a way to set the default size to what I want? Maybe change the h x w in the registry or via Developer Mode?
    Thanks in advance for your time.
  • Suggested answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    "Notes" container window reverts to default size when Excel is closed and reopened.
    Hi,

May I ask if you are using the online version of Excel or the desktop version
    If you are using the online version, it will reset the size of the note container when you open it again.
    The online version of Excel is designed to be more streamlined and less feature-rich than the desktop version, so it may not have the ability to store and retain custom size information for all objects.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans