Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Release Wave Forum
Unanswered

Power apps editable grid control has fixed height when added to subgrid

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

Hello, 

I have tested the new Power apps grid control which is in preview some time now. And even though it seems to work very well on a view on the entity itself, there is something wrong with it when adding it to a subgrid on a form. It seems the height of the control is fixed to 3-4 rows. Even though i set the control height to 100 or 250 rows or to "automatically expand to use available space.", it still show only 3-4 rows.... 

Anyone else facing this issue?

2022_2D00_09_2D00_23_5F00_08_2D00_09_2D00_26.png

Attachments
  • Power apps editable grid control has fixed height when added to subgrid

Performing Easy CRUD Operation In PowerApps Using Modern Gallery Control On SharePoint List
    https://technicalpandas.blogspot.com/2023/09/performing-easy-crud-operation-in.html
    **************************************************************************************************
    How To Create Editable  Grid Using Gallery & Modern Controls In Power Apps
    https://technicalpandas.blogspot.com/2023/09/how-to-create-editable-grid-using.html 
  • AnttiKai Profile Picture
    AnttiKai on at
    RE: Power apps editable grid control has fixed height when added to subgrid

In my recent tests in DEV environment I didn't see any bugs appearing anymore with the new grid control. We'll wait for a moment before publishing to Production any way. How have your recent experiences been with the powerapps grid control?

Marcus Paivio, BGad, Gerhard_K, Rick Chamberlain

AnttiKai on at

Hi, thanks for adding and linking the thread, I didn't notice that before!

I think the support person I was talking with was being more cautious than the person on that thread. I really hope the component will get a bunch of fixes in December! The support person didn't specifically say that fixes would not happen at that time. Also, I presented some other issues about the new grid to him as well and it could be that some of them was not currently being fixed, which is why he gave me the later date.

Cheers, have a great day!

• RE: Power apps editable grid control has fixed height when added to subgrid

Hello,

Their own product manager for the component said this component would be GA during end of November (originally), but has postponed to end of December. And that many of these issues would be resolved by them, this one being one of the. More info can be found here:

powerusers.microsoft.com/.../1680121

April 2023 schedule does not sound correct at all. That coming from their support sounds strange to me.

AnttiKai on at

I had a call with Microsoft support on this issue. They said it's a known bug and will be fixed at some point, latest for the April 2023 release wave, which is the current plan for releasing the component to replace the current grid component. There seems to be a long backlog of fixes to be done for this component. He also proposed not using preview components in production environments.

Cheers

• RE: Power apps editable grid control has fixed height when added to subgrid

Yes, exactly the same behavior in subgrids only.

AnttiKai on at

Yes, same trouble here!

• Gerhard_K Profile Picture
    Gerhard_K on at

Facing the same issue :(

• BGad Profile Picture
    BGad on at

Same issue here!!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Enabling Copilot Case and Conversation…

Agents can easily recap an ongoing chat, transcribe a voice conversation…

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans