Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Tax Schedule ID error message

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

We use AvaTax and recently we've started getting an error message when trying to post invoices from sales transaction entry. After posting a batch, the Sales Posting Journal will show message:

ERROR: No tax schedule or detail exists for this ID.

Transactions with this error message do not post. I found that if i reselect the tax schedule ID, I can then post the transactions. But I'm wondering what is causing the message in the first place. Tax appears to be calculating just fine. Has anyone else been dealing with this?

Attachments
  • Suggested answer
    JodeRuiter Profile Picture
    JodeRuiter User Group Leader on at
    Tax Schedule ID error message
    I was able to get past this error by using Line Sequence numbers in my source data and mapping that sequence number in both the SOP Lines and the SOP Tax Lines.  Header level taxes set to 0.
  • RE: Tax Schedule ID error message

Sorry for not responding earlier. For some reason, I didn't get notified that anyone else had posted to the thread. Anyway, we post through to the GL. We are not using an automated solution. For Avatax configuration, we have the Tax Schedule ID as AVATAX and that is the Default Tax Schedule in the Tax Calculation screen of the Configuration. Within GP, we have a Tax Detail ID AVATAX and we have a Tax Schedule ID AVATAX. When I go into the Tax Schedule Maintenance window and select the Tax Schedule ID AVATAX, it shows that the Selected Tax Detail IDs is AVATAX. So I think we have everything set up correctly. Let me know if anything sounds incorrect though.

The problem is basically fixed now though. It turned out that the connector software needed to be reinstalled. Apparently there had been an update to it or something. It fixed the problem except that they only updated the version on our terminal server (we use Citrix) and not on the SQL server so that caused another problem. Whenever I would do a remote desktop connection to SQL and get in to GP as "sa" when no other users were in, it would want me to re-install Avatax. And then I would have to run the installation wizard again when logging in through Citrix. Turned out this was due to having two different versions. Now they've re-installed the Connector software on our terminal server and our SQL server, but we're running into other issues that I'm not sure if they are a coincidence or if they are related. For example, any list that has Business Analyzer makes GP go haywire when logging into GP through Citrix. The same list is fine when going into GP on SQL. And today I saved a smart list as a favorite (to user id) and set a reminder and GP completely shuts down. I can't log in because it shuts down immediatley, regardless if I'm going through Citrix or SQL. I log in as 'sa' and it is fine. And it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else (thankfully). I've got an email out to Avalara about it. These two issues weren't happening prior to the re-installation, so I can't help but think it is somehow related. I've also noticed that address validation isn't working when we save an address even though I have it set to do that in the Configureation. Also, everytime we print an edit list in Sales, we get a message about recalculating tax amounts. I think I will try running check links tonight and see if it helps. Thank you for the suggestion. Also, I did notice some settings that I don't remember seeing before. Do either of you know if these are new to the Tax Calculation Options?

AvaTax integration for Receivables Transaction Entry

Tax Amount Adjustment functionality via Receivables Transaction Entry

Enable Item Tax Option Override - Sales Transaction Entry

If either of you have any issues like the ones I described above and  know of anything that would help, please let me know!

Thanks!

• L Vail Profile Picture
    L Vail on at
    Re: Tax Schedule ID error message

I use Avatax and have not experienced this. Each of our tax schedules are simply AVATAX. I have seen it on other clients. The error cleared after running check links on the Sales Tax master. For AVATAX, do you have the tax detail AVATAX assigned to the AVATAX tax schedule?

Are you  posting To or Through GL?

Are you posting the SOP transactions normally, or are you using an automated solution?

Kind regards,

Leslie

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member User Group Leader on at
    Re: Tax Schedule ID error message

I am having the same problem but when i re-select the tax schedule it is still not posting.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans