Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Customer Voice forum / Permission Errors when...
Customer Voice forum
Unanswered

Permission Errors when users attempt to open/create project

editSubscribe (11) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 103
As of this morning, users are unable to access or create any CV projects, receiving the following error message:

Open project

Unable to open project due to missing permissions in the environment (REDACTED ORG NAME AND ENV ID). Contact your admin.

I am the Global Admin and no changes to users, permissions, configs, etc. have been made at all recently. Nothing currently reported in Service Health - but I did report it and they are /investigating/ although I am not sure where to report this problem exactly. Can anyone shed light/suggest troubleshooting steps or things to look for that might indicate where the problem may lie (assuming that it's a problem on our end until we are told otherwise).

Thanks,
Bob
Categories:
Attachments
  • Tamara Sagert Profile Picture
    Tamara Sagert 6 on at
    We are also having issues in our organization.
  • Suggested answer
    Hi everyone,
    See this reply from a Dynamics 365 Support Engineer. It seems they were doing some cleaning up in the backend and we all had temporary licenses.
  • Permission Errors when users attempt to open/create project
    We had exactly the same issue from 6-Feb till 13-Feb then it started working again without any action from us.
    Typing this out
  • Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 15 on at
    Randomly, ours has just started working again.  We haven't been able to log a call with MS and have taken no action our side, done nothing with permissions or licences.

Thanks.
  • Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 15 on at
    Hi,

I've checked our tenant and we have the trial licence for Customer Voice and the one below which doesn't say trial:

We are an educational institution, not sure how much difference that makes.  I'm checking with our licence provider to see if they can assist at all, but I suspect it's just going to start working again at some point and we will be none the wiser!  I don't think there would be a licencing change of this magnitude without us getting advanced warning.

Thanks.
  • Suggested answer
    Hello everyone, 
    I have got a response from Microsoft, see the following from a 365 Dynamics Support Engineer:

A security issue was reported related to Customer Voice:

The resulting silence on the MS side may be due to patching or security operations in the background.

Not. Good.
    Anyone able to contact Microsoft?  I'm in an endless loop where I can't contact them regarding Customer Voice because it wants special premier access id and password...  We don't have one.
    Getting the same problem too!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Leaderboard

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,727 Super User

a33ik Profile Picture

a33ik 84,305 Super User

Richard Wheeler Profile Picture

Richard Wheeler 75,730

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans