Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Configurable Cascading...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

Configurable Cascading between Accounts, Opportunities and Quotes

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

This is on Dynamics CRM 365 v9.

I currently have the Account to Opportunity 1:N relationship set up as Configurable Cascading and 'Cascade Active' under 'Assign'.

When re-assigning an account, it only re-assigns opportunities that are active. Opportunities that are closed remain with the old user.

This is desired behavior and is good.

2019_2D00_05_2D00_29-13_5F00_19_5F00_24_2D00_conf_5F00_cascade.png

However, the Quotes of the Opportunities that are closed are also being re-assigned to the new user, which is not the desired behavior.

I have looked at 1:N relationships between Account and Quotes, setting Configurable Cascading to 'None' or 'Active' but it does not change the behavior.

2019_2D00_05_2D00_29-13_5F00_19_5F00_24_2D00_conf_5F00_cascade_5F00_quote.png

I also understand there is an out of the box relationship between Opportunities and Quotes but that does not seem to be effective as it is changing the owner of closed quotes whose opportunities were closed and owner not changed at opportunity level.

Hope someone can shed some light on what is happening here and how to achieve the desired behavior where only active quotes are re-assigned when accounts are re-assigned.

Categories:
Attachments
  • Configurable Cascading between Accounts, Opportunities and Quotes
    Hi All,

I know this is an old post and comment section, but were any of you able to find the problem and solution to this issue? What did you do?
    I have the same problem now. 

Thank you!
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member User Group Leader on at
    RE: Configurable Cascading between Accounts, Opportunities and Quotes

Hello. I know this is an old-ish post now, but were you ever able to find an answer for this issue? I have exactly the same problem! Would appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!

• e0209 Profile Picture
    e0209 on at

Yes, I see the relationship behavior of Opportunity and Quote relationship.

However, shouldn't it work as follows when I reassign the Account?

Account (Change Owner) -> Cascade Active -> Opportunities (Active) will have owner changed -> Cascade All -> Related Quotes will have owner changed.

Account (Change Owner) -> Cascade Active -> Opportunities (Not Active) will not have owner changed -> Cascade All -> Related Quotes will not have owner changed.

But why isn't the second case happening and the Cascade of changing owner is going from Account to Quotes, shouldn't it stop cascading at not active opportunities?

• Suggested answer
    Kalpavruksh D365 CoE Profile Picture
    Kalpavruksh D365 CoE 2,543 on at

Hi,

You cannot change the relationship behavior of Opportunity and Quote relationship. It is system defined hence you can try some custom code like plugins to re-assign closed Quotes to the old owner. But I am not sure if it will override the system behavior.

MicrosoftTeams_2D00_image-_2800_3_2900_.png

If found useful, please mark this answer as verified.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Leaderboard

a33ik Profile Picture

a33ik 84,305 Super User

Sukrut Parab Profile Picture

Sukrut Parab 71,633

YUN ZHU Profile Picture

YUN ZHU 60,219 Super User

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans