Skip to main content
Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Suggested answer

Link in marketing email appends msdynttrid and unable to open page

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

Created a Commercial email and a book now link that takes the contact to a Zoom registration page. 

When the link is clicked it takes you to a blank zoom page that does not have a registration form because it appends /msdynttrid=ceoFi-UD2Dqwgsm3knvyTb0kTZA1BespW995kgL2GAk to the Zoom URL.

I disabled tracking on the link but still does not work across all browsers. Sometimes it works in Chrome, Safari but not in Edge.

Categories:
Attachments
  • Link in marketing email appends msdynttrid and unable to open page
    Has anyone found work around for ability to track Zoom links with out having this issue?

Thanks,

Pat
  • Suggested answer
    RE: Link in marketing email appends msdynttrid and unable to open page

Thank you for raising this issue. We are looking into this and fixing in our May release. Our May release should be available for you to manually upgrade sometime next week, depending on the geolocation of your environment. Your environment will be automatically upgraded before end of the month. If you still encounter the issue after installing the May release, please file a support ticket so we can take a closer look at this.

• rmoyer Profile Picture
    rmoyer on at
    RE: Link in marketing email appends msdynttrid and unable to open page

Hello! I am having the same issue with zoom links specifically. I have not found this issue with other links, but I am testing every link through a live journey with tracking enabled to make sure the problem doesn't arise for other links as well.

I did find that removing tracking from clickable links worked for us, the msdynttrid was not added to those links and the zoom registration page would open successfully.

However, this did not work for buttons. Even when tracking was disabled for buttons, the msdynttrid was still added and broke the link.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans