Skip to main content
Project Service Automation forum
Unanswered

Bulk import task in msdyn_projecttask in Project Hub. It is not allowing for any operations.

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by
Hi,
In project hub, i have a tab for task in which a user logs in tasks that belong in a project and have data like assigned to, start date, end date, task name. it looks like this.

The problem here is we want to bulk import all the task from Jira in form of excel and import it. So that the tasks appear here.

I tried the data import feature, but it is not allowing to do that.

This is a very urgent and I would really appreciate the way to bulk import date for all the projects. I have already tried creating a automate flow and taking data from excel but i get the same error. 
I would really appreciate some help.
Attachments
  • Bulk import task in msdyn_projecttask in Project Hub. It is not allowing for any operations.
    Isnt there any other way of doing it? Anyway, it would be great, if it allows bulk update
  • Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Bulk import task in msdyn_projecttask in Project Hub. It is not allowing for any operations.
    Hi Partner,
    As the error messages said, 'create' operation to 'msdyn_projecttask' can only be done in the UI(first screenshot you provided).
    It seems to be by-design.
    Maybe you can create a ticket for the Microsoft Support team to confirm it.
    Get Help + Support - Dynamics | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans